- About Dist.329
A programme on menstrual health and hygiene was conducted by Dr Shoma Datta, Consultant Gynaecologist working with Woodlands Multi-speciality Hospital. It was held at Club President’s house. Dr. Datta was felicitated with a silk stole and a box of sweets and the beneficiaries were given a packet of sanitary napkins and a box of sweets.
Beneficiaries – 25
1. On 1st July our Club donated a Trial box for Refraction and a Snellens Visual Acuity Chart and medicines to Eye Care and Research Centre, Kolkata
We also felicitated Medical Advisor Dr A.R. Banerjee with a potted plant. Beneficiaries unlimited
2. On 2nd July, the Club donated a walker to an elderly lady patient residing alone in a Working Girls’ Hostel run by the Government of West Bengal .Medicines were also arranged for the treatment of the same lady because she suffered bruises from a recent fall.
3. On the Club’s Installation on 7th July, in an endeavour to empower women our club sponsored a young destitute girl staying at Nari Seva Sangha for her stay and lodging for one year.
4. On the same day, 7th July, Rs. 10000 was donated to Touchworld towards the education of children of inmates in the Alipore correctional home in kolkata
Project Description –
1. Project details with date & venue: 21st July 2023.At Russel Street. Kolkata. – Recycling is considered to be the most environmental friendly method that prevents hazardous waste, including heavy metals and carcinogens, from entering the atmosphere, landfill or waterways. While electronics consist a small fraction of total waste generated, they are far more dangerous. So we have given 245kgs of e-waste ( 1 Ac, 2 toaster, 3 Tvs, 1 Iron, 4 speakers and many chargers and earphones) to Hulladeck for proper recycling.
Beneficiaries – Many
2. Sujata… a young girl from a less privileged family and socially exploited, have been trained and been taken care of by Footstep foundation, was making bags from recycled materials and we salute and support her courage and work. We procured the bags from her, encouraging her financial and mentally.
Project implemented on 22nd July 2023 at EM Bypass. Kolkata.
3. Project implemented at Lake Market, Kolkata – Recycling is considered to be the most environmental friendly approach. So on 22nd July, we have given away our old club flex to the vegetable vendors which they can use as a shade to protect themselves from the rain and heat.
Beneficiaries – 5