Profile of Dr. Bina Vyas
International Inner Wheel
Dr Bina Vyas is M.A. in English Literature and PhD in Education.
- Was with India’s well-known professional Organisation—National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for 15 years looking after Publications, Press & Public Relations
- Writer of School&College English Textbooks in Gujarat and Master Trainer of English Teachers of Gujarat.
- Member of Inner Wheel Club of Anand
- District Chairman of IWD 306 in 1993-94
- As Extension Chairman for 3 years, started 10 new clubs, revived about 12 clubs and increased more than 180 members.
- First from Gujarat to become the Association President of IWCs in India in 2011-12.
She has given many firsts to Inner Wheel in India and the world.
- Initiated Zone wise Image Building Seminars in India&provided training in Membership Development, IW Information & Club Administration, Publicising Inner Wheel
- Gave Massive Project for India –Adoption of One village for 3 years &execution of all projects in the village. 840 villages were adopted.
- Started 85 new clubs in India in 2011-12
- Increased nearly 3000 members in one year in 2011-12
- Organised a National Conference in India only for Past District Chairmen– VISION 2020 to deliberate on many issues concerning Inner Wheel, their roles in the smooth functioning of IW &it’s growth.
- Took at that time the largest delegation of 101 members from India to the 15th IIW Convention at Istanbul, Turkey, in 2012
- Initiated&helped to form the first IW District 350 in Nepal in April 2014& provided intensive training to 100 members of 15 Clubs in Nepal
- Invited by IWD 322, Sri Lanka to provide exclusive training, motivation & guidance to members of IWCs in Sri Lanka.
- Appointed as the National Literacy Coordinator for IWCs in India for 2014-15.
- Zonal Literacy Coordinator from 2015-19.Handled 19 IW Districtsand inspired Clubs to make more than 600 Happy Schools in India.
- Invited to Chair the important session – VISION 2024 – in the 16th IIW Convention in Copenhagen, Denmark in May 2015.
- Is Charter President of Rotary Anand Milkcity (RAM) formed in January 2018.
- As Rotary Presidentset up 8 Permanent projects and carried out 45 Significant Projects in Anand, increased membership by 75 %, got approval of US$ 86,000 i.e Rs 60 lakhs Global Grant for upgrading 10 Municipal Schools in Anand.
- Her husband, Mayur Vyas is Past District Governor, Past Rotary Coordinator, former Managing Director of the 3rd largest Dairy in Asia – Sabar Dairy, Himatnagar and presently Senior Consultant with Uttam Dairy, Ahmedabad.
- Their daughter, Rohini, is working as Project Executive in a Multi National Company — Tetra Pak Global, at Pune. She is also both a Rotarian and IW Member
- In 2020-21 Bina Vyas is President of International Inner Wheel. She is the 7th International President from India and the first to Chair the first International Inner Wheel Convention to be hosted in Jaipur, India in 97 years.
Inner Wheel is the largest Women’s Voluntary Service Organisation in the world, very soon ready to celebrate our centenary year in 2024. In the last 96 years, times have changed, needs have changed, humanitarian problems have changed, technology has changed and requirement of infrastructure is totally changed. Inner Wheel has been accommodating changes since years. However, we need to keep pace with the changing times. In fact, we need to have a vision to remain one step ahead of the coming changes.
However,it is we, members of Inner Wheel, who have to ultimately take initiatives and adopt a structured approach to continue fulfilling our programs and ideology.
We need to make an impact internationally by focusing on sustainable large community development projects, making larger clubs and branding of Inner Wheel in the public through our work.
Inner Wheel is being represented in the United Nations on the Commission for Status of Women and Girls. From time to time, United Nations has been giving recommendations to NGOs on which we need to work. UN has lot of expectations from us to cooperateand help in implementing programs as per their guidelines, with special emphasis on Youth, Women and Senior Citizens.
Inner Wheel needs to implement the recommendations of the UN to bring about change in our community development programs. We need to lead the changein:our thinking, attitude,working, interpersonal relations, communication, publicising our brand of Inner Wheel, growth of our organisation both financially and in membership strength and cooperating with other like-minded organisations by establishing networking.
As we head for the centenary year, let us lead the changes in
- Having our own Organisation’s Strategic Plan and Goals
- Targeting Membership Growth
- Targeting increase in Number of Clubs
- Initiating Youth Clubs (18-25 age group)
- Initiating Youth Development Project for Girls (12-25 age group)
- Focusing on Projects on the recommendations of the United Nations
- Promoting brand image at club, District and International levels
- Creating awareness about health, financial independence and education in our own members and among the women everywhere
- Shortlisting like-minded cooperating organisations and establishing communication with them
- Working for collective leadership
- Executing Corporate International Projects
If we have to achieve all this, we need to lead the positive change by empowering our own members by guiding, recognising them as leaders in their own rightsand accepting and believing in their leadership.
Then only we, the proud members of such a wonderful organisation, can contribute more effectively in developing and bringing a ray of hope in the lives of the needy and underprivileged. We are privileged to have the opportunity to serve those who need us.
Let nothing stop us in becoming a force to reckon with in the world.
Let us then LEAD THE CHANGE collectively to bring about positive, significant and meaningful difference in the world.
The World is waiting for us…